Being a member of the ICBA professional body comes with a number of benefits:
- A designation: A designation after your name (except for student members).
- A digital membership certificate: An annual digital membership certificate. Paper membership certificates can be ordered at a fee. Please refer to the fees list for an updated fee.
- Free Digital Tax Guide: Our FREE digital tax booklet, issued after the annual Budget Speech to keep you up to date.
- Discounted SAIT membership fees: Discounted SAIT membership fees for ICBA members with the required work experience and ICB qualifications who qualifies to become tax practitioners (FETC: Bookkeeping (NQF Level 4) and above.
- Become an Accounting Officer through the SAIBA: ICBA members with the required work experience and ICB qualifications behind them (National Diploma: Financial Accounting NQF Level 6) can apply to become an Accounting Officer through SAIBA
- Perform Duties of a Commissioner of Oaths: Certified Technical Financial Accountants and Certified Financial Accountants may perform the duties of an ex-officio Commissioner of Oaths.
- Access to Sage Pastel Bookkeepers and Accountants Forum: ICBA members who are bookkeepers in private practice can apply for exclusive access to Sage Pastel Bookkeepers and Accountants Forum which entitles you to a software welcome pack, priority telephone support, invitations to Pastel seminars
- ICBA Newsletter: The ICBA Newsletter – valid for 0.5 CPD for reading it.
- Personal technical helpdesk: Ask Betty Bookkeeper any work-related questions – she’s your personal technical helpdesk!
- Use of the ICBA logo: Use the "Member of ICBA logo on your business cards, letterheads, websites and other marketing collateral, if you are a member in good standing.
- Discounted Workshops, Seminars and Webinars: Access to discounted workshops, seminars and webinars at run by SAIT, SAAA, Pastel and more, which can earn you CPD points.
Website link: https://www.icba.org.za/member-benefits/